To Report an Absence or Tardy:
- Absences can be cleared by logging on to Parent Connect> report an absence. (Not attendance inquiry). You may also call the 24hour attendance hotline @ (559) 327-2251.
- Spanish Line (559) 327-2082
Off Campus Passes:
- If you are picking up your student during the school day for any reason, please call in advance (3 hours) to have your student pick up their off campus pass in the main office. (This excludes seniors off campus lunch pass)
- It is the student’s responsibility to pick up his/her off campus pass for a pre-arranged appointment. We do not send a reminder or deliver passes to class.
- Your student must pick up their pass and check out in the main office before leaving. If they do not check out with us, their absence will be considered unexcused.
Attendance Regulations and Procedures:
State Law requires all students to attend school daily. Acceptable excuses which allow work to be made up include the following:
- Legitimate illness
- Medical appointment
- Court appearance
- School-related activity
- Absences must be cleared by telephone or Parent Connect only by the student’s parent or legal guardian. Doctor’s notes are welcome and encouraged and must be submitted no later than 5 days from the excused day of absence. Parent’s notes are not accepted. Please keep in mind that our Automated Calling System calls for one or more uncleared periods.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for absences to be cleared.
- Absences not cleared within 24 hours will prompt a call from our “Automated Calling System”. You may leave a message and clear the absence at this time through the 24 hour hotline or Parent Connect. Uncleared absences are considered unexcused and could lead to receiving a Truancy Letter in Accordance with Ed. Code section 48260.5. Under the law, schools must continue to track all absences and report them to the state. Policy 2207 states, “A pupil, whose absence is not excused is not entitled to complete assignments, or other class work missed due to the absence”.
- Absences uncleared after 24 hours may be considered truant. Uncleared/unverified absences or truancy will result in appropriate disciplinary action, including but not limited to Saturday School and/or Detention being assigned.
You have a total of FIVE 5) SCHOOL DAYS to clear an absence. It is extremely important your student’s absences are cleared within five school days to avoid being considered TRUANT!
- The Attendance Office will not accept any messages or articles from non-parents or legal guardians.