The Graduation Ceremony presents the Class of 2023 to the parents, faculty, invited guests, and the Clovis West community. The Graduation Ceremony is a celebration of our student’s scholastic achievement.
With this in mind, the following must be adhered to:
1. Students must wear semi-formal attire/formal attire. This includes suit and tie, slacks with shirt and tie, dresses, dress pants/skirt with blouse, etc.
2. Students must wear dress shoes. No athletic or tennis shoes, Birkenstocks, sandals, crocks or combat boots. We recommend low wedged shoes and no heels.
3. All dresses/tops must have at least 2” shoulder straps. Long dresses are permitted but must be pinned up so they do not fall below the hem line of the graduation gown. All clothing must meet CUSD Dress Code regulations.
4. A collar will accompany graduation gowns for females.
5. Caps will be worn flat on the head with the point aimed straight ahead.
6. Tassels will be worn on the left side of the cap.
7. The only acceptable accessories to the standard cap and gown are the CSF Life Gold Cord, National Honor Society Sash, Principals Medallion and the Academic Distinction pin or CSF pin. Requests for any other accessory must be submitted to the Deputy Principal at least two weeks prior to the graduation ceremony. The Deputy Principal will notify the student whether or not the item is approved prior to the graduation ceremony.
8. All students will be checked by the faculty for proper attire and grooming. Those students in violation will not participate in the graduation ceremony.